PRIVACY NOTICE: OUR CUSTOMERS & SUPPLIERS
If you are a business customer or supplier, please see the additional information below that is specific to you.
1) Who will collect and control information about you?
AMA Storage & Distribution was established to provide customers with a secure, reliable and cost-effective door-to-door movement and storage facility.
AMA is responsible for setting the policies that govern how data collected about individuals is managed. Most trading with consumers will be undertaken by AMA Storage & Distribution.
All companies owned by AMA will collect and hold information in accordance with the policies set by it.
(1) What information will we collect about you
When you buy or express an interest in services from AMA, it will collect the following information:
– Your name and address and other contact details (such as your mobile or land line phone number or email address) you might provide to us
– Details of your credit or debit card used to pay for your services and/or your bank account details when paying online
– Any specific details regarding how you would like your services delivered or any information you have provided to AMA about deliveries and purchases
– Details of any comments, information or complaints you have raised with AMA regarding your purchases
2) What will we do with the information collected about you?
– We will use the information you provide to help us engage with you as a customer. This will include: ensuring you receive the services you have ordered or stored with us
– Billing you for the services supplied by us
Registered address: AMA Storage & Distribution, Rotherham Road, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S60 1RZ
– managing the delivery of services to your address and ensuring that our systems can provide you with information of interest and make dealing with us as easy as possible
– undertaking research to help us understand customer preferences and requirements
3) Who will receive the information collected about you?
The information we receive will be stored in AMA’s electronic systems. The information will be accessible by: AMA’s sales team in relation to purchases and payments made by AMA’s sales team, so they understand what customers need from AMA’s services.
Other relevant AMA members of staff when they need to deal with any queries or complaints regarding AMA or they need to manage any part of delivering services to you
– AMA may also share your information with third parties to the extent it helps us to let you know about our services or enables us to manage the supply of services to you (this could include delivery companies and other trusted suppliers to AMA).
4) Reasons we collect and store information about you
We collect and store the information to enable us to sell our services and manage a customer relationship. From time to time, we might collect together data in an anonymous way to look at customer trends, so we understand how we can develop our services and services for you.
Information will only be held for as long as is necessary as described below. Information will only be shared with third parties to the extent it is necessary to sell and deliver services to you and to manage the customer relationship. We will never sell your data to third party marketing agencies.
AMA will therefore process your data either on the basis of fulfilling its contractual obligation to supply services to you or on the basis of its legitimate interests as part of managing the ongoing customer relationship with you.
How long will your information be kept?
We will hold your name and contact details and purchase history for up to seven years from our last transaction with you.
We will keep the information for up to seven years because we find that some customers like to buy in bulk and subsequently like stay in contact. Our experience has been that customers welcome us getting back in touch with them. We may also need to keep some personal information to bring or defend legal claims or to handle enquiries from government bodies.
After seven years, and if we have had no contact from you, records that identify you will be destroyed. You also have the right to ask us to erase your information – this is set out below.
(1) You have the right to:
– Access your personal information held by us.
– Require us to correct any mistakes in your information that we hold.
– Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations.
– Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations.
– Object in certain other circumstances to our continued processing of your personal information.
– Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
– Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
You can obtain further information about these rights from www.ico.gov.uk
If you wish to exercise any of these rights you can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
or write to us at: AMA Storage & Distribution, Rotherham Road, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S60 1RZ
If you do so, please let us know:
– Your name and contact details
– Proof of your identity (such as a utility bill)
– The information you request or the actions you would like us to take.
(1) If you wish to complain, you can write or email us at the details set out above.
If you are not satisfied with this response you can contact the Information Commissioner at https://ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Keeping your information secure
(1) We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used in an unauthorised way.
– We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine need to know.
– All employees are subject to a duty of confidentiality and will use your information solely for the purpose described in this privacy notice.
– Computer systems are password protected and are managed to ensure that they have the latest security updates and to minimise unauthorised access to information.